BLOG HAS MOVED

This blog has moved to thealteredscale.blogspot.com. Please make a note, and I look forward to seeing you there.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back with Pavic and Mackey

I've been away for a month. I wrote a story that I then decided to expand into a novel. It was going to necessitate some serious research. Ultimately, I decided I could not adequately contextualize the material. So now I am going to cotinue working on Milorad Pavic's Dictionary of the Khazars by exploring quotations and using it as the springboard for my own writing. I will also take a look at some of the lit. crit. on the book, some of which is interesting. He was featured in a Review of Contemporary Fiction.

I am also going to continue discussing Nathaniel Mackey's poetry series, Song of the Andoumboulou. I will take a different tack, however. I will begin to compare and contrast poems more rather than discuss them one at a time. I feel that I've gotten all I can hope to get going in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment